The EU's ICT 2013 event will be opened by the President of the Republic of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė in Vilnius, Lithuania, on 6-8 November 2013; title: "Create, Connect, Grow". More than 4000 researchers, innovators, entrepreneurs, industry representatives, young people and politicians are expected in Vilnius.
ICT 2013 will focus on the research funding for ICT-related projects under Horizon 2020, the EU's new research program for 2014-2020. Horizon 2020 will support different themes of ICT research:
- ICT in Science (in future and emerging technologies or e-Infrastructures);
- ICT in industrial leadership (such as smart systems, robotics & photonics,) and
- ICT in societal challenges (such as eHealth, eGovernment and eSkills)
ICT 2013 will include:
- Conference: The conference will feature top ICT professionals from industry, academia and research. Speakers from across the ICT sector will address a range of issues from cloud computing, broadband, ICT infrastructures, ICT skills, cyber security, and long term visions on the future and much more. Experts will present details on how to participate in the next EU's Research Programme - Horizon 2020. The conference will consists of three thematic plenaries:
- Create: Disruptive and inspirational ICT research and innovation;
- Connect: Smashing silos, building bridges, exploiting synergies;
- Grow: Let’s hear it from the private sector, let’s hear it from the start-ups and SMEs, Let’s cluster;
- Exhibition: Provides a unique opportunity for 186 projects and companies to showcase their advanced research, technologies, new systems, ICT products and innovative creations. The exhibition has been grouped according to 5 themes: digitally empowered citizens; smart and sustainable cities for 2020+; industry and business for tomorrow; intelligent connecting intelligence; culture, science and creativity.
- Networking sessions: Provide you and other participants with the opportunity:
- To share their own ideas on a particular policy, technology or research and innovation theme in the context of Horizon 2020;
- To be exposed to the views, perspectives and ideas of other participants and engage in a constructive dialogue with them;
- To meet delegates with common or similar topical interests with whom they could collaborate in the future
- Investment forum: The forum will host coaching and pitching sessions with investors for startups and innovative SMEs. It will also allow networking between researchers, entrepreneurs, start-ups, innovative companies, students, investors and EU / EIB/ EIF officials.
- Activities for students and young researchers: ICT 2013 is an opportunity for students and young researchers to learn about ICT research opportunities and meet with researchers, entrepreneurs, strategy and policy makers.
Further information is available on the ICT 2013 event website.
- Detailed programme of the conference
- Exhibition call for participation available here
- Networking Sessions information available here